Since ancient times, we have been thanking the Sun for being a major part of our lives. Surya Namaskar is a way of honoring and expressing gratitude to the Sun, which is the source of energy. It is a combination of 12 poses that help to keep your body healthy and vibrant. Doing Sun salutations regularly will help you to achieve greater things and feel connected to your body and spirit.
This article will give you lots of information about the advantages of Surya Namaskar, a practice that is both scientifically recognized and religiously important. Keep reading to find out more!
12 Steps of Surya Namaskar
The series of 12 postures in the Surya Namaskar help improve the practitioner’s leadership, creative and intuitive capacities.
Benefits of Doing Surya Namaskar Daily
Improve Blood Circulation
Surya Namaskar boosts the circulation of blood. Plus, the breathing done during the Surya Namaskar will keep your lungs airy and the blood oxygenated. This will help the body clean itself of carbon dioxide and toxins by having fresh blood flowing properly.
Upgrade Digestive System’s Functioning
Surya Namaskar yoga poses help the digestive organs work better. These poses boost the blood flow to the stomach, which helps the digestive system. By doing the forward bending postures in Surya Namaskar, you can make more room in your abdomen and get rid of gas trapped in your body.
Helps In Losing Weight
Doing the Surya Namaskar series regularly can help you slim down your stomach area and make your muscles stronger. These poses can help tone your abdominal muscles and improve your body’s overall muscular structure.
Surya Namaskar Detox Your Body
Surya Namaskar helps you take deep breaths and exhale, which ventilates your lungs and gets oxygen into your blood. It also helps get rid of bad gases and carbon dioxide, which helps detox your body.
Maintains Your Lower Body Health
The first and last pose in Surya Namaskar’s “Pranamasana” helps build strength in the lower body. It can help prevent flat feet, ease sciatica pain, and give more strength to the hips. Plus, it helps connect the right and left parts of the brain, which is a very important scientific benefit.
Increase Luscious Hair Growth and Gives Glowing Skin
Doing certain yoga poses in Surya Namaskar will give you a youthful look and healthy, long hair no matter your age. This is because the poses increase the blood and oxygen flow in your body. The improved blood circulation also makes your skin look brighter and healthier, reducing wrinkles and giving you a youthful glow.
Provides Strength To Joints and Muscles
Surya Namaskar is becoming more and more popular among people of every age and gender. Doing it on a regular basis helps strengthen and stretch muscles, joints, tendons, and bones. It can also help make the spine more flexible.
Improves Menstrual Cycle
Doing the Surya Namaskar routine can help balance out your periods if they are irregular. Doing it regularly will also make childbirth easier.
Brings Calmness in Your Body
The Sun Salutation is very helpful for calming the brain and body. It helps bring in positive energy and strengthens the nervous system. This set of poses will help reduce stress and anxiety by steadying the thyroid and endocrine glands.
Deals with Heart problems and Blood Pressure
If you want to find a natural way to treat your blood pressure, doing Surya Namaskar poses can be the perfect choice. Sun salutations can also help with fixing abnormal heart rhythms and make the heart stronger.
Which Pace of Doing Surya Namaskar Gives More Benefits?
You can do Surya Namaskar at a slow, medium, or fast pace. Doing it slowly will help increase flexibility. Doing it at a medium pace will help tone muscles. Doing it quickly helps with weight loss and cardiovascular health. You can choose the pace that works best for you.
Surya Namaskar should not be done if certain conditions apply
- People who are just starting out with Surya Namaskar need to make sure they are physically strong enough as it involves doing a sequence of poses with specific breathing patterns. There are certain rules that must be followed when performing the postures of Surya Namaskar.
- If you are not physically strong, it is best not to do sun salutations because it involves doing a lot of yoga poses.
- Doing Sun Salutations can put strain on your hips and lower back. So, if you have an injured back, it’s best to not do them. Once your back gets better, you can start doing them with the help of a yoga instructor.
- Pregnant women should not do Surya Namaskar.
- If you have high blood pressure, heart issues, arthritis, or a wrist injury, it’s best to either avoid or slow down the Surya Namaskar sequence. But with the help of a yoga practitioner, you can still do it.
Doing Surya Namaskar can help you reach your goals, whether it is to lose weight or get other benefits. You will see changes in your body if you do the yoga poses regularly and with a relaxed attitude. Remember to keep a smile on your face and take a deep breath while doing the exercises. Let us know if this article was useful!
1. Is Performing Surya Namaskar daily beneficial?
Yes! There are many advantages of performing it daily like:
- Increases the flexibility of your hips.
- Improves the balance of the nervous system.
- It tones your body.
- Stretches the spinal cord and abdominal muscles.
- Massages internal organs.
- Aids in treating insomnia.
- It helps you regularize your menstrual cycle.
2. Is Surya Namaskar enough as a form of exercise?
Yes! Doing Surya Namaskar every day can help keep you fit and healthy. This is because the sun salutation includes lots of different exercises.
3. Can we reduce belly fat with Surya Namaskar?
Yes! You can reduce belly fat by doing Surya Namaskar regularly. It is important to remember that you need to keep doing it consistently, as it won’t give you quick results.
- How to Bathe A Newborn? Thing to Know for Parents
- Types of Bandages And Interesting Facts
- Tallest Buildings in India By October 2023
- New Glass Window Designs for Home In India