The Half-Lord of the Fish pose, also called Ardha Matsyendrasana, is popular among people with spinal issues. It was created by the yogi Matsyendranath and is known to help with nerve issues and provide inner peace.
Ardha Matsyendrasana: Step-by-Step Instructions
This pose is great for feeling energized and bringing balance to the body. If you want to try it, follow the steps given.
- Put a rug on the ground.
- Start by sitting in the Padmasana position and make sure you’re comfortable. Let your entire body relax.
- Start to lean back slowly. Use your arms and elbows to support your body.
- Begin by lifting your chest a bit. Carefully tilt your head back and lower the top of your head towards the floor, but don’t let it rest there.
- Grab your big toes and put your elbows on the ground. Take your time.
- Let your head, bottom, and legs hold the weight of your body.
- Go back to where you started and do the same movements but in reverse order.
- Now you can just do the pose again, but with your legs crossed in the opposite direction.
- Yes, it is recommended to hold a yoga asana for a minimum of 3 minutes. This allows you to settle into the pose and feel the full benefits of the posture.
- Take slow, deep breaths when you have finished the exercise.
It is okay to do this posture every day. Beginners might find it tricky, so you can try a modified version. Adding twists to the pose can make it easier and give you more flexibility and balance. Doing Matsyendrasana can help you stay fit, young and full of energy.
Do this pose for 5 minutes in the morning. People with heart issues or back pain should not do this pose. Talk to your doctor before attempting this pose. Do the pose only as much as you can handle. This pose can give you many good results.
Benefits of Ardha Matsyendrasana
- Matsyendrasana is believed to have lots of positive effects. It is said to cure dangerous illnesses and help activate an internal energy called kundalini.
- Doing this can help stretch out your hips, shoulders, neck, and spine. It can also help ease any pain and tiredness in your body.
- If you’re suffering from sciatica pain or a bad backache, this pose can help your body over time. It’s also known to be helpful for those with asthma and fertility issues.
- This exercise can help improve digestion and make you hungrier. People who have trouble digesting food should do this exercise regularly.
- Many people know that this yoga pose can help your kidneys and liver work better. A lot of women do this yoga to make their stomach muscles stronger.
Today, both men and women are very aware of their health. Therefore, they make sure to include yoga in their daily routines. Not only does it give them energy, but it also helps to fix any issues with their body in the long term.