Shikakai a well know plant generally used by the Ayurveda for increasing the hair growth and also for many more remedies, this is also known as Acacia Concinna Linn. It is a medical plant that generally grows in tropical rainforests of southern Asia and its fruits are used for washing hair because it naturally cures the highly damaged hairs and completely removes the problem of hair fall.
This is a very helpful naturally medicated fruits which are highly rich in vitamin A, C, D and E and also moisturizes hairs and removes dead head and split ends form the head and increase hair growth level. Shikakai is used for washing hairs since very long years. It has many benefits and some side effects (precautions) that one should keep in mind while using:
Bring Hair Growth Back
The research says that it highly increases the hair growth ratio which increases the hair volume in few month- years.
Shikakai contains antifungal and antibacterial properties which cure the scalp as we all know healthy scalp is a foundation of healthy hair growth. This soothe an inflames the scalp and restores the protein level and make it a healthy scalp.
As I mentioned up Shikakai has antifungal properties which help to cure the dead scalp or dandruff it also removes many health related problems like aggravation and unhindered hair growth, it also cure the dryness and itching of the scalp.
Nourishes The Scalp
Above mentioned that it is very rich in vitamins and vitamin C help to nourish the hairs and increase hair growth. And it also has the quality of antioxidants which help to prevent free radical damages.
Shikakai is natural cleansers which cleans the hairs without removing hair natural oil and nourishes them with enlarge varieties of vitamins and nourishments.
Shikakai brings back the shine of your hairs and cure our hairs completely if you have an issue of dullness then this will help you to get back the old shine of your hairs, using Shikakai as a complete hair ingredient for hairs will be the best choice.
Removes White Hairs
Shikakai helps to prevent the problem of white hairs permanently and also help the white hairs gain their original colour back. Even it is good for all hair types.
How To Use?
As I explained you what Shikakai is and what are its benefits you might have the question how you will use it, don’t worry it is a really easy process divided according to needs:
Shikakai Shampoo With Amla And Reetha
Shikakai itself is a costly product and the study has showed that alma is also a god product for hair growth and Reetha is a cleanser for the head the process is:
- 10 g Shikakai pods
- 10 g Reetha
- 5g amla
- 750 ml water
It will be more effective if you will use the powder form of these things.
Time for preparation will be
Preparation Time: 8 hours & 30 minutes
Processing time: 10 minutes
Let’s start the process
- You need to soak the ingredients in 750ml water for overnight period.
- Then in morning boil the water with the ingredients nicely till it softens completely.
- Then let the water cool down and then mash the entire thing and fill it into a shampoo bottle.
- Then you need to do is just to wash hair with water first and then you have use this in place of shampoo.
- Then when a slight lather appears, it means that your hair is clean.
You can see the result in 2-3 weeks.
Shikakai With Curd
Shikakai and curd mask will be the most helpful thing for dandruff and flaking hairs to be cured as curd will help your hairs to get condition and Shikakai will make it clean and healthy.
You will require
- 2 tablespoons Shikakai powder
- 3-4 tablespoons of curd
- 2-3 drops of vitamin E oil it is a optional (not necessary to be added )
- And a shower cap
Time you will require
Maximum 10- 15 minutes
Preparation time you will need
- Combine both ingredients and mix it well to get a smooth paste of thick consistency. And in that paste you can add that additional vitamin.
- Now apply the mask to your hairs nicely in roots so that it can be helpful for your scalp.
- When you completely cover your hairs with the mask then leave it same for 20 minutes
- After the time is complete wash the mask with the cool water and mild sulfate of shampoo. You can skip this if you don’t have oily hairs.
You can do this 2-3 times a week
Shikakai Oil For Hair Growth
You can also use Shikakai oil for faster your hair growth and improve the blood circulation in your scalp and will help to keep your hairs nourished.
- 2 tablespoon Shikakai powder
- ½ oil which ever you prefer I would suggest you coconut oil
- Preparation time: 2 weeks
- Processing Time: 50 minutes
- Mix Shikakai powder with oil in a jar.
- You have to store the jar in cool and dark place for couple of weeks, but you have to shake it daily and have to keep in mind that oil gets mixes well with Shikakai.
- When the oil is ready take 3 tablespoon of it and massage it to you scalp nicely.
- Massage is for at least 10-15 minutes from roots to scalp and leave for an hour or for overnight.
- Then wash it with shampoo and normal water.
- If you are use full Shikakai fruit then you must keep in mind you should remove the seeds of it nicely.
- Don’t use the prepared solutions directly must keep it to cool down before use.
- Sometimes it is suitable for all hairs but in case if not suites your hair you will feel inching and hair loss.
- It can be used with mehndi to make hairs more black and shine and soft.
Shikakai will make your hair growth faster and nourished completely. I hope these thing might help your hairs to get nourish and back to their original form.