Hyderabad is the capital city of Telangana, which is also a Cyber-city. Known for its arts and architecture, Hyderabad will also amaze you with the beautiful temples which have very alluring designs and rich history. This city has the largest number of Hindu population and is an adobe of amazing temples along with beautiful architecture and mesmerizing breathtaking views. Let’s explore the famous temples here:
Stationed at the top of 280 feet high Naubat Pahad, Birla mandir is the most visited sacred places in the list of temples in Hyderabad. Devoted to Lord Venkateshwara of Trilmula, the temple is built 19th century having an enthralling scenic views due to the structure of the temple which is built of white marbles, the stone carvings of Gurbani and amazing view of the entire city which can be seen from here and mesmerizing view of Husain sugar lake is just like cheery on the top which adds more beauty to it. Apart from the presiding deity, the other idols of Lord Brahma, Ganesha, Shiva, and Hanuman can be found here.
- Address: Hill Fort Road, Ambedkar Colony, Khairatabad, Hyderabad, Telangana-500004.
- How To Reach: The nearest airport is Hyderabad airport which is 28 km from here and the Nampally Railway station is 12.7 km from here. The nearest bus stand is Ladki-ka-pul which is 10 minutes drive from the temple. It can be also reached by auto rickshaws or direct taxi or cab from the airport and railway station.
- Timings: 7 am to 12 pm and 3 pm to 9 pm.
- Best Time To Visit: Throughout the year.
- Top Attractions: 11 feet high idol of Lord Ven, and enthralling views.
Dedicated to Hindu God Jagannath also refer to as Lord Of the Universe, this temple is built by Odia community of Hyderabad which is also said to be the modern replica of the Jagannath temple that is in Puri. Built-in the year 2009, the temple is stretched over an area of 3000 sq yards, is a popular and sacred temple to visit.
- Address: Road No. 12, Bhavani Nagar, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad.
- How To Reach: The nearest airport is 33 km from RGI Airport Shamshabad and the nearest railway station is 7 km from Nampally railway station and can be reached by taxi or cab. Also, located close to KBR park, it can be reached by local buses.
- Timings: 6 am to 11 am and 5 pm to 9 pm
- Temple Website (If any): http://shrijagannathtemplehyderabad.com/temple/
- Best Time To Visit: Ashad month
- Top Attractions: Rath yatra festival.
Opened in 1996, and spreads over 30,000 sqft. , this temple is dedicated to Lord Shyam, a reincarnation of Lord Krishna. Admired for its architecture, ancient designs, several beautiful paintings and stone figures, the devotees get mesmerized by the beauty of this temple. Long night bhajans are organized by the temple authorities on the occasion of Janmashtami, and Raas Leela.
- Address: Veerangutta, Near Railway Station, Kachiguda, Hyderabad, Telangana-500027.
- How To Reach: The nearest railway station is Kachiguda which is a half km drive from Shyam temple and can be reached by a local bus or taxi. The nearest railway station is Shamshabad airport which is 29 km away.
- Timings: 6 am to 12 noon and 4 pm to 8:30 pm
- Temple Website (If any): http://www.srishyammandir.com/
- Best Time To Visit: Janmashtami and Raasleela festival time
- Top Attractions: Architecture and events at the festival time.
Famous among the locals. this temple is known for its architectural beauty which is admired and praised by the visitors of the temple. The presiding deity is Goddess Lakshmi, and the temple is said to be 150 years old located in the heart of the city. The name of the temple is Peddamma which means a Supreme mother who is a Village Deity near Hyderabad. The main festivals are the Bonalu festival and Ratha Saptami which is celebrated with enthusiasm in the month of June and July and attracts countless devotees.
- Address: Road No: 55, Jubleehills, Hyderabad-500033
- How To Reach: The nearest railway is Secunderabad Railway station which is 13 km away from here and can be reached by taxi or buses.
- Timings: 6 am to 1 pm and 3 pm to 8 pm
- Temple Website (If any): www.peddammagudi.org
- Best Time To Visit: Feb-July.
- Top Attractions: Dusshera, Bonalu, Annual Rathra Yatra and architectural beauty.
Venkateswara Swamy Temple
Situated in the Picturesque village of chilkur, and sits on the banks of the Osman Sagar Lake is dedicated to Lord Balaji Venkateswara. It is the oldest temple in Telangana and is very reputed and popular here. Also known as VISA temple, this temple is visited by 75 thousand to 1 lakh devotees in a week and is the only temple which does not accept any monetary donation. Devotees here believe that this temple fulfills all the wishes regarding passport and visa procedures.
- Address: Chilkur Village, Hyderabad, Telangana-500075.
- How To Reach: The nearest railway is Secunderabad Railway station which is 4.6 km from the temple and can be reached by taxi or buses.
- Timings: 6 am to 1 pm and 6 pm to 9 pm
- Temple Website (If any): http://www.chilkurbalaji.com/
- Best Time To Visit: Throughout the year.
Karmanghat Hanuman Temple
This historic temple built more than 800 years ago, this temple is in the list of the oldest temples in India, built during 11th century under the supervision of the Kakatiya monarchs. The temple is dedicated to Lord Hanuman who is considered as the resolver of troubles and one of the most powerful gods ever.
- Address: Karmanghat, Hyderabad, Telangana-500079.
- How To Reach: At a distance of 12 km from Mahatma Gandhi Bus terminal and can be easily reached by buses and taxis.
- Timings: Open 6 am to 12 pm and 4 pm to 8 pm
- Best Time To Visit: During Sri Rama Navami, Hanuma Jayanti, Ugadi, Shivaratri festivals.
Located on the HIlltop, and popular for its outstanding paintings, architecture, and murals this temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva along with Goddess Bhavani and Siva Durga. This temple is also known as Ramalingeshwara Swamy Temple and an ideal place for those looking for spiritually connect to Lord shiva. The main festivals celebrated here are Shiva Ratri, Ram Navami, Hanuman Jayanti, and Shiva Kalyanam.
- Address: Keesaragutta, Telangana 501301
- How To Reach: The nearest railway station is Secunderabad railway station which is just 30 km away and direct buses run from station to the temple, and the nearest bus stand is kaseera which is 5.2 km from the temple.
- Timings: 6 am to 12:45 pm and 3 pm to 7: 30 pm.
- Best Time To Visit: Festivals time.
- Top Attractions: Swayambhu Linga
One of the most significant temples in Hyderabad, this temple is devoted to Goddess Lakshami. BUilt in 1996 under Kanchi Kama kotipeetam, this temple houses eight sub-shrines of various forms of Laxmi Devi which is considered as rare to be present in one single place. Apart from that, the alluring architecture and designs can be seen here which are inspired by South India.
- Address: Vasavi colony, Ramakrishnapuram, Kothapeta, Hyderabad, Telangana-500035.
- How To Reach: Hyderabad Deccan Railway station is the nearest railway station which is 9 km away and can be reached by buses and taxis.
- Timings: 6:00 AM to 12:00 PM, 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Temple Website (If any): http://ashtalakshmitemple.co.in/
- Best Time To Visit: Durga Puja, Navaratri, Varalakshmi Vratham and Diwali
- Top Attractions: Eight splendorous forms of Goddess Lakshami.
Sri Ganesh Temple
The most famous temple which houses Lord Ganesha, who is the main attraction of here. Built 200 years ago, this temple celebrates many festivals here like Ganesha Chaturthi here with full enthusiasm. The architecture of the temple reflects the kakatiya dynasty and denotes the rich culture of Telangana.
- Address: Bhimarao Nagar, Lothukunta, Alwal, Secundrabad, Hyderabad-500010.
- How To Reach: Just 1 km away from Alwal Railway station can be easily reached by auto-rickshaws and cabs.
- Timings: 5 am to 8:30 pm
- Temple Website (If any): http://www.ganeshtemplesec.telangana.gov.in/
- Best Time To Visit: Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- Top Attractions: Small sub-shrines in the temple
Sree Adinatha Jain Temple
One of the eminent Jain temples, this Jain temple is one of the top sacred places to visit. Known for its marvelous architecture and outstanding designs this temple belongs to the Digambara section of the Jain Community and the main idol here is Parshvnath whose idol is 11 feet high and built from Black granite stone.
- Address: Kanchar Bazaar, Ameerpet, Hyderabad – 500003
- How To Reach: The nearest railway station is Secunderabad Junction which is just 2.2 km from the temple and the nearest bus stop is Bata.
- Timings: 6 am to 9 pm
- Best Time To Visit: Throughout the year.
- Top Attractions: Man-stambh and model great teerth Sammed Shikharji.
So, do visit this divine temples and feel the magical aroma of incense sticks and blessed by indulging yourself in Vedic chants! Enjoy.